Wednesday, March 23, 2005

By the Book

It begins with silence, a sigh, a look of longing. We are together, alone. Our bodies infinitely apart. And yet, the distance is bridged by the intensity of your eyes. They look at me, they see me. You smile, a sweet smile. I smile back. We are both silent, both of us breathless in anticipation. Wanting to move but afraid to wound the moment. This moment, as our eyes lock, our gaze intense, and our breaths stalled. This moment that we are about to kiss.

Your hand reaches for my cheek, touching its surface, quivering. I gasp, the tips of your fingers filled with electricity, flowing from the point of contact. Your eyes continue to search my depths. They swim in my abyss, searching for answers without asking any questions. And you begin to move, closer, breaking down the distance until we are face to face. I can feel your breath, heavy, touching my skin, caressing, soothing. We are both breathing deeply, waiting. And then, it begins.

Your hand gently cups my cheek as you prepare me for the inevitable. I close my eyes and part my lips. And then, I feel you. The tip of your tongue teasing my upper lip. Softly, gently, a teasing intruder, slowly outlining its boundaries. Discovering every detail. And then you move south, equally attentive to my lower lip, careful not to be offensive. A light touch, caressing, soothing. You play with my lips, knowing what I want yet not giving it.

I place my hands on your face, trapping your jaw and positioning it for the attack. But then, you stop. You withdraw. You smile and open your eyes. I question, I doubt. And before I protest in disagreement, your lips engage my lips. The pressure heavy but tender. We both breathe deeply, gasping. Our chests heaving. Your right hand slides behind my nape, pushing my head towards your lips. Your lips, my lips, no longer separate, but one. And as you loosen your grip, a surprise of immeasurable delight. Your tongue pierces my mouth, a welcome intruder, slowly exploring the moist cavern. Your tongue moves excitedly, gaining momentum. Forcing its presence in my mouth. Your will, your strength, centered on this moist warrior. And then, your tongue meets its match. My tongue, like a good soldier, wards off your intrusion, matching your intensity. My tongue encircles your tongue, embracing the wetness. I move forward. I clutch your nape with my right hand. I advance for the kill. The warrior retreats as my tongue enters your mouth. Undiscovered terrain. A blind navigator. I search its landscape, its shape, its form. An imprint made in my memory. We inhale deeply. We moan. We gasp.

And then, you withdraw. My tongue follows, chasing after the warrior but finding no one. Both warriors retreat, moving back to the fort. Our lips part, cursing the growing distance. We inhale deeply as we open our eyes. We meet each others’ glances with a smile. It is done. It is finished. The pounding of our hearts continue to escalate. Your eyes speaks volumes, your mouth begging for words. But I am quick to the draw and I say…

“Give me my sin again.”

No comments: