Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Goodbye

My throat is sore. Probably from all the chocolates I ate last night. Probably from belting songs by the Carpenters. Probably from the cigarettes I've been smoking since I last saw you. You need time to think. You need your space. I'm giving you time. I'm giving you your precious space. Karen was right. It's better to say goodbye to love.

I'll say goodbye to love
No, never cared if I should live or die
Time and time again the chance for love has passed me by
And all I know of love is how to live without it
I just can't seem to find

So I've made my mind up I must live my life alone
No, it's not the easy way but I guess I've always known

I'll say goodby to love
Knowing there's no tomorrow for this heart of mine
Surely time will lose this bitter memories
And I'll find that there is someone
To believe in and to live for
Someone I could live for

All the years of useless searching finally reached an end
Loneliness and empty days will be my only friend
On this day love is forgotten
I'll go on as best I can

No comments: